Sunday, August 23, 2015

a big "thank you"

Hi,

I just wanted to take some time to give a little shout out to all of you who have been supporting me as I get ready to leave in less than 3 days!

Some of you have supported financially, which is incredible and I literally could not do what I am doing without you, so thank you. It is not an easy thing for a lot of people in our society to part with their finances - you are all wonderful.

Others with your kind words of encouragement - one of my "love languages" is words, so please believe me when I say these go a long way. The fact that you believe I can do this work means a lot more than you realise, so thank you.

And to the community of people I have here in Australia: for someone who has only been around for a few months, you have never made me feel like "the new girl". I have felt entirely welcomed and embraced by the Narara Valley Baptist family, and that sense of family and community is giving me more strength and confidence than I think you realise. Thank you for not only welcoming me in, but for supporting me in prayer - for that experience this evening I am truly thankful. Please know how wonderful you all are, and how much I appreciate you.

I cannot name every single person, but if you're reading this, you are included in those I want to thank. Your reading this means you care for me and for this next chapter in my life.

"Thank you" doesn't even do enough to express how grateful I am for you all.

- Bronte. 

No comments:

Post a Comment