Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Going to India!

I have officially been invited to go to India to work with Freedom Firm!!

They were able to accept me for a different time period that no longer is in conflict with my time in Rwanda. I will only be going for 3 months now, instead of 6, beginning in February, and returning in April.

I will be in Southern India in a small village named Ooty, in the state of Tamil Nadu.

http://vimeo.com/8221016 <--- this is a great video that explains a little more about Freedom Firm and their work.

I'm feeling absolutely honoured to be working with them, and the fact that God has allowed me to reach people like this is completely humbling. None of this has to do with me - He has created me for this, I am simply living in response to who He has made me to be. Things didn't exactly go the way I had planned, but that's just how life goes - we can make plans as much as we want, but that doesn't mean things will happen that way. To be honest, I am slightly disappointed that I will be there for a shorter time, but I am trusting that I will still be able to carry out meaningful work. This has been a reminder for me to be humble and to be more open to unexpected turns of events!

Thank you to anyone who was praying :) You are greatly appreciated.

Funnily enough, as I was writing this the Rwandan Embassy called.. I filled out the wrong visa form.. BUT, they are allowing me to email the correct form, so there won't be too much of a delay on getting my visa approved; prayers surrounding this situation are still appreciated :)

Thanks so much for reading

-Bronte.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that I can't "like" blog posts. Lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and for what God has in store for you in Rwanda and India. I cannot wait to follow your blog and catch up with you when you return and be filled with your stories! I love you so much Bronte and I am so proud to call you friend.

    love, Meggie-Beth

    ReplyDelete