Monday, August 8, 2011

Whoopsie!

Someone kindly pointed out to me that this blog does not yet explain what I am doing.. :)

So. As of right now I am going to be volunteering with an orphanage called New Hope Homes in Rwanda <-- click there to learn about them! You can read some more about them on my contact, Donna's blog: http://rwandadonna.blogspot.com She often posts pictures and updates of the children there - and they are BEAUTIFUL.

The plan is to leave in late September, and stay through until late December, so about 3 months. Right before Christmas, I will go to Australia to spend some time with my family. I will stay there until sometime in January.

Now, as far as India goes, I have only applied to the organisation I want to volunteer with, but have not yet heard back about my acceptance/rejection (I hope the first one!!) But they are an organisation dedicated to the rescuing of children forced into sex slavery. Not only do they rescue these children, but they work hard to get these children the services they need - education, job training, counseling & therapy, as well as attempting to locate the girl's family. The after-care program is made up of Social Work volunteers, which is perfect since I just received my Bachelor's of Social Work in May.

If I am accepted, I plan to stay about 5-6 months, so until June/July.

So, like I said, prayers for my acceptance are appreciated :)

- Bronte.

No comments:

Post a Comment