Thursday, October 20, 2011

blessings amidst the struggles

i just need to vent. ha. and in more than just a facebook status or tweet!

i have been so overwhelmingly blessed throughout this whole experience. in 3 days, it will be one month since i left america (woah, time flies!) and as i look back at it, and as i stand here today, i have such an overwhelming sense of God's peace, love, grace, mercy, faithfulness..i could go on forever. even through just listening to worship songs that i've heard 100 times, the aspects of God's character are seeming more real than usual. although i have really struggled with understanding Him, and at times even became frustrated with Him, His immense goodness has showed through. if nothing else happens in my time here in Rwanda, i will leave getting to say that i was reminded of who my God is. this is something that i feel completely honoured to have been able to learn. the fact that God would allow me, little old me, to feel His character in such a real way, is purely fantastic. He has completely surrounded me and brought strength to me that i can take no credit for. He has reminded me of His power in the little things. God is capable of doing huge things, but in the past month, He has showed me how attentive He is to the little things too. which is exactly what I needed. and perhaps He will go on to show me through some big things too, but if not, i am completely in love with Him for what He has already done.

He is beautiful and huge and strong and gentle all at the same time. i hope that you all are able to feel these same things from Him in your life wherever you are right now.

i love you all.

thanks, as always, for reading.

-Bronte.

No comments:

Post a Comment