Thursday, October 6, 2011

not quite bi-lingual..

Hi all,

As you know, I have had quite a difficult time with the language barrier here in Rwanda,
However, I thought it might be fun to share with you some of the things I HAVE learned. It’s a really cooolll looking language – hard to speak, but cool to look at ha!

So, here is the complete Bronte-Hughes-Kinyarwanda-Dictionary

Yes –yego
No – oya
Thank you - murakoze
Hello, how are you - amakuru
I’m good – ni meza
Good morning - mwaramutse
Good afternoon/evening - mwirewe
Rain - imvura
Wash - koga
I don’t know – simbizi
I don’t understand - simbyumva
Water - amazi
Come - ngwino
It’s ok/no problem – ntakibazo
Look - umva
Smile – seka

That’s it. The end. Ha!

☺ thanks for reading

Keep praying – things are quite uneasy here, but I’ll provide details when things calm down a bit.

-Bronte.

No comments:

Post a Comment