Sunday, October 16, 2011

quickuku

It has been a relaxing weekend. Friday night my housemate Jamie and I went over to a friend’s house for dinner – a young family from church. It’s always nice to have some social time with people over here. I cannot express just how much of a blessing it has been to find the community that I have. I don’t think I would have made it this far without having such a great group of people to be around. I’m not particularly close to anyone, and I still haven’t completely broken out of my shell to reveal the crazy Bronte that some of you may know ;) but it’s nice just to be in the company of other people (who speak English!)

On Saturday, Jamie and I went to a Rwandan craft fair held at the US embassy, which was also a fun social time.

Today I went to the same church I had written about earlier in my blog – I am within walking distance, and all of the people I have gotten to meet are a part of this church. After church, a group of the younger people usually go out to eat for lunch, so I went along and met a few new people, which was great.

After church, I managed to say hello to a guy who is living over here with his wife and kids, who is from Australia. The first time we’d met, he’d told me about his work, and I expressed how interesting it sounded, and also that I was looking for some group/s to get plugged into. He told me today that the director of the organisation he works for has recently returned to Rwanda. He has offered to talk to the director about me possibly coming to do some intern type work with them. I usually don’t like to share possible projects and stuff before they are actually set in stone and going to happen – but this one, I am telling you about because I would really appreciate your prayer! I know I have already been asking for your prayers concerning finding some work here, so now I’m just making it a little more specific! If you could pray that 1: the director would say that I can come work with them, and 2: that the work they do would be something I am really able to pour my heart into, and be helpful as well as passionate.

Thank you for reading, and if you would be so kind as to pray, I appreciate that too!

-Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment